Business Development Intern (FR) APPLY NOW
ABOUT BAMBINO MIO
From humble beginnings as a small business set up in the English countryside, Bambino Mio has become an international, multi award-winning brand in the reusable nappy industry. We manufacture a range of eco-friendly products from baby to toddler and are now selling our products in multiple channels, across worldwide markets.
We’re here to change the nappy industry from the bottom up and our mission is to make reusable nappies the first choice. We are driven by our purpose in everything we do, making products that are better for babies, our pockets and our planet too. We’re committed to balancing profit and purpose and are currently working towards becoming a B Corp certified organisation.
Bambino Mio has won over 100 product and business awards, including the prestigious Queen’s Awards for Enterprise for international trade which celebrates the success of innovative businesses with outstanding achievements. During 2020, we also secured a spot on the highly respected Sunday Times Fast Track 100 league table, championing us as one of Britain’s top 100 fastest growing businesses due to significant YoY growth. Even The Financial Times has recognised Bambino Mio as one of Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies, ranking us in the reputable FT1000 list in 2019.
You will look at retail opportunities for Bambino Mio in the French Market. In this role you will gain hands-on experience working with a wide range of retailers from pharmacies, nurseries, independent retailers and Amazon to major supermarket chains.
You will gain in depth knowledge on how each retail sector operates and will be instrumental in helping the business gain insight into the French market. You will play a key role in securing and building some great sales for Bambino Mio.
This is a really busy and dynamic role that requires someone hungry to learn and who has a keen passion for business, negotiation our products and business values. We have an amazing product with environmental credentials that is appealing to all retailers.
Be caring – We continuously strive to have a positive impact on our people and planet
Be committed – We do what we say we’ll do! We’re driven, positive and take ownership
Be collaborative – We’re aligned and stronger when we work together as one team
Be courageous – We embrace change and are brave in our mission to achieve our purpose
Be consumer driven and customer focussed – We put consumer experience first and build lasting relationships and advocates for our brand
- Secure meetings and build relationships with new and existing French retailers
- Investigate new sales revenue options for Bambino Mio in France
- Provide market insight of the French consumer
- Your role will be split working with our independent account manager and also our national executive account manager so you will gain a wealth of experience with different types of retailers
- Understand the brand to enable you to pitch Bambino Mio products to various retailers
- Complete any admin tasks associated with working with retailers and setting up new products with retailers
- Check online listings and ensure that Bambino Mio ranges are being optimised to their full potential.
- Communicate any online audits with retailers and implement changes.
- Arrange meetings and support with administrative tasks as and when required.
- With support you will attend meetings and represent Bambino Mio it’s likely that the meetings will be conducted in French and you will facilitate and translate
- Update price lists and packing instructions per retailer and ensure that all retail information is saved in a logical way so the info can be accessed and used by all departments.
- Evaluate sales figures from existing accounts to derive the forecast for the next quarter etc.
- The ideal candidate will be very open to expanding the role and taking on new tasks and challenges as these arise
- Delivered to align to the B Corp Accreditation.
- Has excellent spoken and written proficiencies in French
- Has an organised approach: can set priorities, work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Has great communication skills: proactively communicates to line management on work load and is also able to communicate with multiple departments.
- Has a solution focused approach and able to ‘think on their feet.’
- Has excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrates curiosity to learn about the Sales function and the accounts
- As our ideal candidate you are highly-motivated, energetic about making a positive difference, and have an inherent passion for visible business growth! You are ambitious and able to demonstrate clear progression within your career to date
- The perfect person will thrive within a very fast-paced environment, and be capable of developing and growing with the business
- Culture-fit is a big thing for us; and we are a fun, down-to-earth, hard-working, and passionate team who genuinely love our Brand!
You will be required to provide documentary evidence of your right to work in the UK